Building a disciplined fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is usually not pleasant. We do it principally for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only presents a diversion but also yields the inspiration and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and enhance speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to carry a conversation with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you might be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and wetness to some extent, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, guarding them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!