MEET THE PROVIDER
Christopher M. Sumer, NBC-HIS
Owner/Hearing Instrument Specialists
Christopher M. Sumer, our Director of Operations, Research, and Principal Hearing Care Professional of Coastal Hearing Aid Center, is trained in hearing instrument sciences and rehabilitation of hearing loss. In addition to his extensive training in hearing loss rehabilitation, Christopher Sumer’s expertise includes national board certification in hearing instrument sciences. Thanks to his unique background, considerable knowledge, and notable experience, Christopher provides understanding and training needed to help you or your loved one’s hearing impairment properly. His approach to hearing rehabilitation has improved lives at our Encinitas location (serving Encinitas, Carlsbad, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Oceanside, Vista), but also for our neighboring assisted living homes & senior living communities.
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Founder of Coastal Hearing Aid Center, which specializes in the rehabilitation of hearing loss, the brain’s auditory processing capability, and assessment of your cognitive load
- Assistant Director of HearShare Foundation
- U.S. Army Veteran
- Member of International Hearing Society and board member of Federal and State Advocacy Committee member
- Member of Excellence In Audiology
- Member of Hearing Healthcare Providers California
- Member of Encinitas Chamber of Commerce
Publications and Notable Mentions:
- San Diego Union Tribune
- Rancho Santa Fe Connector
- Belmont newsletter
- Coast News
- Google listed as “Best hearing aids 2019”
- American Tinnitus Association (ATA.org)
- Tinnitus Today Magazine Vol. 44, No. 1, Spring 2019
- The Hearing Professional Vol. 65, No. 4, October-November-December 2016
Sponsorships and Exhibitor:
- La Costa Canyon Mavericks High School sports team
- Health Dimensions (Encinitas, Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Marcos, Escondido, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Vista)
- Encinitas Chamber of Commerce and Encinitas Senior Center Health Expo
- Rancho Santa Fe Country Club and Rancho Santa Fe Senior Center Health Expo
MEET THE TEAM
Better hearing and a better quality of life can be yours for many years with the help of the right hearing professional. At Coastal Hearing Aid Center, we pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with our clients. Relationships based on unsurpassed personal service that begins the first time you walk through our doors and continues long after your initial appointment.
Call or text us today at 760-536-5592.
Kiera S. Sumer, RN, BSN
Director of HearShare Foundation
I have been working in the healthcare field for fifteen years and have a passion for helping people live more meaningful lives. I enjoy being a part of the community and am always looking for ways to give back. As the proud wife of Christopher Sumer, and founder of HearShare Foundation, I look forward to welcoming you to better hearing.
HearShare is a local nonprofit that supports the hearing impaired without means to afford quality hearing aids.
Office Manager, B.S.
I was born in Newport Beach, CA and raised in San Diego. I’m a Southern California native, and my husband and I just purchased a home in Vista. I have a calling to help others and have found it in this practice. I work with Christopher Sumer as the Office Manager for Coastal Hearing. In my free time, I like to read, listen to music, watch movies and spend time with my husband Tim and our puppy Bear.
I was raised in San Diego and moved to Encinitas 6 years ago with my family. I attended San Dieguito Academy here in Encinitas. After graduating, I decided I wanted to stay close to home because I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. I have always had a strong passion for helping people and working at Coastal Hearing has allowed me to peruse my passion for helping people in need. We have an amazing team that genuinely cares and will treat you like family. Knowledge is power and I continue to learn something new every day by being part of the Coastal Hearing team. When I am not working I enjoy spending time with my family, and my 9 year old Great Dane, Luke, who means the world to me. I love going to dog beach, going on hikes and being in the beautiful city of Encinitas.